Monday, October 19, 2009

My Birthday

My birthday is tommorow, and for the first time ever, I'm not excited.
So it could be because I'm not getting any presents from my family (A selfish reason, but at least I'm being honest right?) or maybe because no-ones making me a birthday cake, or even because It's just another day of school for me tommorow, and yes all those reasons are selfish, I guess I'm just feeling it so much because this is the first time I won't be getting any of those things I used to take for granted.
Maybe it's because I'm turning seventeen, which lets face it, is an in-between age, it means nothing except now I can go to juvi. Or maybe because seventeen reminds me of that song by Metro Station, 'Seventeen Forever' and that just makes me sad.
Maybe it's cos I'm growing up and just like it slowly happend with christmas, birthdays are no longer so exciting.
So, I'll heave a sigh, and face the day tommorow, and even though it never comes true, I'll tell myself the same thing I do every year, hoping that maybe just this once, it will come true. I'll promise myself

Next year will be different.

No comments:

Post a Comment